The holiday season is upon us. This can be a stressful, expensive, and clutter-filled time of the year. Consequently last year, and the year before, and the year before that, I wrote blog posts offering some alternatives to physical gifts.Several you reached out to me to offer some additional suggestions to the list, and I promised to include them this year. So here are some more thing-free gift ideas.
• Certificate for a session with a professional photographer to take family portraits.
• Arrange a session for a home inventory to be done, so the recipient has an itemized list, with photos, of everything they own in the event of a fire, theft, or natural disaster.
• Give the solo business owner a one-hour session with a business coach or a QuickBooks advisor to help them grow their business to the next level in 2020.
• Give a gift certificate to a CPA to prepare their 2019 tax return, saving them time, stress, and aggravation. (Yes, that tip was submitted by my own CPA!)
• Send the stressed-out parents you know to a Bed & Breakfast for a weekend get-away. Include an offer to babysit their children while they are gone.
• Hire a junk removal company to physically remove clutter from the recipient’s attic, basement, or garage. (Sorry, but the gift receiver get to select what leaves the premises, not you!)
• Pay for a week of doggy-day care for the new puppy owner so they get a respite and the pup gets to burn off energy.
• As always, In Order, Inc. offers gift certificates for the person in your life who has everything but can’t find it!
At this season of giving thanks, there are so many things to be grateful for. I am grateful to my clients who make organizing a delight and a joy. I am grateful to my referral partners who direct new business to me. I am grateful for my team of organizers who help me help you. And, I am grateful to the readers of my monthly newsletter who respond with positive feedback and suggestions. Thank you all for making this another great year!